04 Aug School is Back in Session: How We Are Preparing for Back to School
Hey there guys! I hope you all are enjoying the little bit of summer we have left and are geared up for the fall and school year to come! As we all know, the 2020-2021 school year will look a lot different for us all, whether you are virtual learning, home schooling or in class, we will all have a lot of adjusting to do, right!?
We have decided to do virtual learning and while I’m sad for my girls, who absolutely love school, we are excited to be able to have a hand in their education a lot more than we usually would! Here are a few ways we are preparing for our new normal this school year:
- We are making them do their routine as they would if they were going to school! We are firm believers in putting them in the best position to focus on what is in front of them at all times. Making them continue their routine will help their mind get into gear for the day ahead and also help them to feel like they have a little bit of a normal school experience! So, we will be waking up at 7 am to eat a good breakfast, brush our teeth and get clothes on to get our day started! No more “pjs allday” vibes for us!!!
- We will be setting up a work space for them like a school setting! Though they may not use it long once things are back to normal, it will be a perfect way to make them feel like they are back in school as they adjust. We plan to make it colorful and bright with a black board for the lesson of the day/week, a rectangle table that they will both sit at on each side and a space for all supplies needed for success. My Prayer is doing this will help them feel a little more excited about getting into learning every day and a little less sad about not being at school with their friends and their favorite teachers!
- We will be doing field trips once a week (this is pending on what’s open and available for us to go to). Being in the house 24/7 can be overwhelming for some but especially for children who are use to daily activities! We figured that if we can do at least 1 fieldtrip a week, that will help them to take the learning outside the home and stretch their legs a bit. Now, the trips will have some sort of education to it so that they are still learning just in a more exciting setting!
- We will still be packing their lunches at night as we usually would! I know for me, it’s already hard to have to make sure they get all of their meals and snacks and believe me when I say, these little mamas can eat ALL DAY!!! I fell packing their lunch will help make things go smoothly and more efficiently when it comes to snack time and lunch time! They can just go to the fridge, grab their lunch kits and enjoy, simple and easy!
- We will be writing a lesson plan weekly, based on what the teacher has planned for them through each week already! This part isn’t for them but more so for us parents and our sanity!!! Having two kids doing virtual learning, it’s going to be difficult for me to remember my left from my right somedays but with a lesson plan, I can stay organized and have things in better order! I prefer organized chaos in all areas of my life so this will definitely help me stay focused on them and their needs through the days!
At the end of the day, it is going to be so important for this to be a great experience for everyone so that it can be a productive experience as well. I pray that you and your family navigate well through this upcoming and much different school year and every year to follow and thank you for stopping by the blog today!
Let me know below if you have any other tips or tricks to help me or any other mom reading this along the way and be sure to subscribe so that you can know as soon as the next blog drops on the site! See you at the next blog!