07 Jan 5 Simple Ways To Grow Your Platform On Instagram
Well, Hello There! Welcome and thank you for coming to the blog! I’m so happy to have you here! If you are here, that means you are like many who are entering into the blogger/influencer market and are trying to navigate through the algorithms, constant overlooking and the infamous battle of wondering how someone else is growing consistently but you are a bit stagnant.
Let me start off by saying, you are not alone and I’m so proud of you for wanting to embark on this journey fully educated on how to make your next move your best move! This is something we all go through when we are in what I would like to call the “building phase” and I’m here to tell you, it gets easier as you do the work to figure out your platform and what works for you. I was there in the beginning as well and here I will share my top 5 things I’ve learned that have helped me grow from 2k to over 12k in less than a year!
Disclosure: I am not a professional nor am portraying to be. I learned an abundance of information that wasn’t taught to me and my goal is to keep someone from having to take a harder approach to growing their brand and platform. With that being said, lets begin:
1. STAY CONSISTENT! Once you find your niche, post everyday no matter what. The consistency of your post gives the social media world an opportunity to see at least one of your post every day. I just recently had someone like a post from 2 months ago so trust me when I say, consistency is key! It also gives people more opportunity to see that you are genuine and your post aren’t fiction, they are FACTS
2. STAY IN YOUR LANE! Once you have established what type of blogger you are going to be, stick to that. That’s also apart of consistency. How are others supposed to trust you if you cant stick to one niche, which is a clear indication that you don’t even trust in yourself and your own platform. My main advice to anyone who has asked this, If you don’t want to be put in one bubble, do lifestyle blogging. The Lifestyle niche allows you to create content from everything that’s within your lifestyle without containing you to just one particular thing. Trust me, it’s a win win in the lifestyle world!
3. ENGAGE, ENGAGE, ENGAGE! The biggest win in engaging is that it has many ways to aid your brand. It can cause others who engage back to follow you or like more than one post and can also help your post elevate in the cyber world to be seen all over Instagram. Best ways to engage are going to your most used hashtags and engaging with those underneath it, commenting back to those who leave comments on your post, and going to you following/followers list and engaging on their pages so they will return the favor! Remember, you are building a community and in order to do that, you must be brave and bold and spark those conversations and engagements..
4. SHOW UP IN YOUR STORIES DAILY! Your stories are meant for you to showcase your life outside of the perfectly put together post you create. It gives your audience a sense of closeness to you and makes them want to engage on your page if they hadn’t in a while (thanks ig algorithm). If enough people sticker tap or comment on your story, it can be seen by people who wouldn’t normally tune in. Also, don’t be afraid to be yourself in your stories for they are designed to show others your ins and outs and helps them verify that you are who you say you are. Be your authentic self and never be afraid to show off your truths!
5. DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR ENGAGEMENT! Some of the biggest names will tell that they had to, at one point, ask their audience to go help them out on a particular post that was lacking in engagement! It’s a known fact that some people have to be and actually like being instructed on what they should be doing and Instagram’s algorithm will have your post never be seen by some of your most loyal friends. The saying goes, “
closed mouths don’t get fed,” so don’t be afraid to ask for support because again, the more engagement, the further the post evolves in the Instagram universe.
Now, there are a couple of other ways to bring others to you platform such as giveaways and follow loops but we will save that for another blog post. There will also be another blog post about picture quality and the dos and don’ts when it comes to capturing and editing content. For now, these 5 ways are tried and true ways to organically grow on Instagram and who would want it any other way, right!
Hope you enjoyed this read and any feedback or questions are always welcomed! Also, be sure to subscribe so that you are the first to know when a new blog drops on the site! Thank you for stopping by and I’ll surely see again real soon! Bye Friend!